Thursday, September 18, 2014

More Pumpkin Love

Well I'm hosting a pumpkin tasting tomorrow (focus is on rating ales). So I'm making some pumpkin goodies too. And we have a breakfast tomorrow at work, so I'll making something pumpkiny for that.

First two ingredient pumpkin brownies. Well I added an extra ingredient.
Limited edition, bought at Target.

And I stole this recipe from cookies and cups. I used one family size box of Betty Crocker Dark Chocolate Brownie Mix (19.9 oz) and a can of Libby's Pure Pumpkin (15 oz).  Added about a half of a bag of the morsels.
Mix it up well so there are no dry bits. Line a 9 by 9 pan with foil and spray.  Smooth into pan.

Cook at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.

I also made pumpkin butter last night.  See Easy Pumpkin Butter for the recipe. Which I'll make one of those baked brie in pastry and put the pumpkin butter on top of the brie (and inside the pastry) with salted pecans sprinkled on top.

And for breakfast tomorrow morning it will be BAKED PUMPKIN CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST from the blog "Damn Delicious". I always find great recipes on her blog.

And I mostly followed her recipe. Just I used whole wheat cinnamon swirl bread by Pepperidge Farms (about 1 1/2 loaves), egg beaters instead of eggs, increased liquid ingredients a bit and whisked in about 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree in the liquid ingredients. I omitted the nuts since this is a faculty breakast. And it's going in the fridge overnight.  Here's a picture from the blog, I'll try to add my own picture too tomorrow!

update - the bread pudding was a success!  Here it as a few minutes after I put it out for the breakfast:



No comments:

Post a Comment