Monday, September 15, 2014

Blueberry Coffee Cake with Coconut Streusel

This delicious recipe was made at our book group planning weekend for Sunday breakfast!



which I found at "Lemons for Lulu" 

Some changes (I'm always tweaking things).  I didn't have buttermilk, so I used vanilla yogurt (about 1 1/2 cups) and I always use Stonyfield. This time I used lowfat but fatfree is good too.
Used 1/4 cup of egg substitute instead of the egg. And I didn't have enough blueberries so I used both blueberries and raspberries. Lovely.

Caution on cooking time - it lists 45-50 minutes cooking time. I checked it at 30 minutes and added maybe another 10 minutes in total and it was perfect. Overcooking this would result in a dry coffee cake, so definitely watch the cooking time.

I'm always trying new recipes (thanks book group for being a guinea pig for my cooking) but this is one I would definitely make again!

1 comment:

  1. I miss all the delicious things you make!!! Send some to Boston? xo

    ReplyDelete